Tuesday, July 1, 2014

errday eye


It's 6am.  Just kidding I'm pressing snooze.

Okay, regroup.  It's 6:20am.  Rolling out of bed....shower if I didn't the night before...definitely not washing my hair...wash my face...moisturize...alrighty I guess it's time to look like a person.  Which seems like a difficult task considering my under eye bags are larger than my Louis.  My go-to eye look?  I use 3 subtle shadows...
MAC eyeshadows in Soft Brown, Texture, and Naked Lunch.




The Skinny:
1.  Prime your eyelid (I've been loving Benefit Stay Don't Stray)

2.  Take a blending brush (like the MAC 217 or Sigma E25) and apply MAC Soft Brown eyeshadow in the crease, not worrying about precision.  The best way is to do a mix of "windshield wiper" and circular motions with your blending brush to avoid harsh lines.  It's also completely acceptable - even good - to get some of the color on to your lid/lower part of your crease as well.  I just like to keep a little light spot on the bottom center of my lid so there's a bright area - this will help make your eyes pop. 

3.  Repeat with MAC Texture eyeshadow, going over Soft Brown.  Again, not really caring about precision.  Just throw it on there into the crease.

4.  Use a basic eyeshadow brush (like Sephora's Pro Shadow Brush #14) to apply MAC Naked Lunch on the lower part of the lid, or all over the lid, but not in the crease.

5.  Pile on the black mascara to upper and lower lashes.  Seriously, pile it on. (Lately I've been using Eyeko Black Magic Mascara or Mary Kay Lash Love)


This has got to be the easiest, subtlest, most gorgeous eye shadow combo I've come up with for my all day errday eye makeup.  It's so versatile, so simple, so basic (but in a good way, yanno?)

The nicest thing about this look is it's so easy to switch up.  Sometimes I also use MAC Shroom eyeshadow on the inner corners of my eye and on my brow bone.  I also tend to tightline (line my upper water line with black liner - my favorite is Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner using the BB Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush) before putting on mascara.  Or, I may have an LC moment and line the top of my lash line and add a flick on the outer corners.  There are just so many options...and POOF!  I look like a person.  Ready to start my day....after coffee.




Pardon my lighting issues, ugh


2 comments:

  1. i love this eye shadow combination! i have to admit after harassing you for your "secret" everyday eye, i have been wearing this EVERYDAY! i'm not very good at makeup and this is a fool proof way to look pulled together even before your morning coffee.

    you're witty, funny and totally informative - can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! All possible thanks to your encouragement :)

      Delete