Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tan Talk



Old lady at CVS talking the ears off of the store employee about self-tanner.

Me:  Excuse me...are you talking about self-tanner?
Lady:  Yes, I am!
Me:  You need to go online and buy Million Dollar Tan.  And you need to properly moisturize so it lasts longer and you don't flake.  It's the best and you just need to trust me.  I know.
Lady:  I NEED TO WRITE THIS DOWN.  Does anyone have a pen???  Thank you!



Sometimes we all feel like the old lady at CVS whom I rescued last weekend (true story).  And now I will rescue you, too.  Finding the perfect self-tanner has been one of those tasks I've been working on since high school.  I've tried everything under the sun (!) from drugstore brands, to towels, lotions, sprays, and finally mousses.  My findings...

The Runner-Up:
  • St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Lotion If I ever get tired of my #1 choice (below) then this is definitely my fallback plan.  Amazing natural color.  The bottle lasts several uses.  And the smell is bearable.  I used this forever and loved it the most...until I found...
The Winners:
  • Body - Million Dollar Tan Mermaid Mousse EXTREME  Don't freak because it says "EXTREME."  I have light/medium skin this is the color for me.  Sometimes I even do 2 coats of it and the color is so incredibly natural.  It's also extremely light, so you don't feel it on your skin after you apply it and you also don't have to wait before you get dressed.  And while the smell is strong at first (like buttered popcorn?  weird...), it dies down significantly after it's on your skin, I promise.  Oh, and there are 10% off discounts all over the Internet and YouTube.  It's the best.  I can't say enough about this product.
  • FaceClarins Intense Bronze Self Tanning Tint  I am loving this stuff!  It hasn't made me break out and it's super light.  Can't feel it, absorbs instantly, and goes on with a cotton ball, just like you would apply a toner/astringent...but isn't, it's a tanner.  One thing to note is that it is a gradual tan, so I'll often put this on in the morning and not see the result until the afternoon.  But I'm okay with that because I really mainly use it on Fridays/weekends anyway for when I want to be tan at night when I go out.  Also, since everything else messes up my skin, this is totally worth it for me.  The only thing that would make this better is if it were an instant tan.  Other than that, I'm in lurve.

No comments:

Post a Comment