Monday, July 7, 2014

Nude Lippies

If loving nude lipstick is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

...And if you know me, then you know I don't normally like to play favorites with my lipsticks.  But I will share with you the top 10 nudes that I tend to gravitate toward the most...
I apologize, I tried to narrow it down to 5 but just couldn't.  You understand.

I know this is beyond ridiculous, but before you go all judgey-wudgey on me for having as many nude lipsticks as I do fingers, think about how much you will thank me for sharing these great picks.  Then ask yourself, "How many black t-shirts do I own?"  I collect nude lipsticks like I collect black t-shirts - I never ever stop.  Also, you'll have to forgive me for only swatching these on my arm.  There's truly nothing more awkward than taking lip selfies.

These are in no particular order...no favoritism, remember?




a)    MAC Woodrose - (creamy matte) A great your-lips-but-better nude, making it a smart choice for beginners.  You can't go wrong with Woodrose.
b)   MAC Blankety - (creamy matte)  A beige nude that looks best with a smokey eye for those days/nights you are channeling Kourtney Kardashian.  I obviously purchased this one after Emily Maynard claimed it was one she wore on the show.  Yikes, I'm a not-so-closeted Bachelor fan.  Get over it.



c)    Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo No. 1 - (matte) I definitely bought two different shades of this lipstick and feel absolutely no remorse.  No. 1 is a true pale, pink nude.  So easy. So lovely.  Day, night, whatever.
d)    YSL Rouge Volupté 1 Nude Beige - (creamy matte) Satin in a tube.  A pale pinky nude...a little pinky-er than the Hourglass No. 1.  Goes on so smooth.  You just have to try it. And it's SPF 15!  Now that's just a smart investment.
e)    MAC Crémecup - (creamy matte) Pale, pink, perfect.  Great for everyday.  Very versatile.
f)     MAC Angel - (creamy matte) I actually think this was my first MAC lipstick...It's a no brainer.  Get it.  Duh.
g)    MAC Hue - (creamy matte) Pretty pale pink, almost sheer, looks even better when layered with MAC Wildly Lush Plushglass.  I like to pair this one with a metallic gray/gunmetal smokey eye.



h)    Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo No. 3 - (matte) This one is perhaps one of the truest, most neutral nudes I own that really plays off your skin tone without the corpse effect.  I got it because I couldn't just leave it there...
i)    MAC Shy Girl - (creamy matte) pale, peachy nude.  I love wearing this with a matte smokey eye...and everything else.  Don't let this color fool you in the tube - you need to try it on to understand.
j)    Lime Crime Coquette - (creamy matte) I just loooove this one.  So creamy, so dreamy.  It kind of compares to the above two peachy nude colors, but I like it because it's creamier than the Hourglass Femme Nudes and doesn't dry my lips.  It's just awesome and loved by all YouTube beauty gurus everywhere.  There's also a unicorn on the tube if that sways you...to each her own.


If you are new to the nude lip I would start with  MAC Woodrose, Hourglass No. 3, or MAC Shy Girl.  There are more that I feel guilty for not listing, but these are what I consider the truest nudes in my collection...and my favorites.  There, I said it.  Please don't tell the others...!

(Nude gloss post coming soon...)



This post is dedicated to my friend, JD xo

No comments:

Post a Comment